Proposing with a Vintage Engagement Ring - Learn Why You Should
April 21, 2021
Most proposals start with one question: What kind of ring would my partner like if I proposed? Finding the best engagement ring can turn into quite an exciting time for a lot of men. It's important to find the perfect piece of jewelry that expresses how much you care about your partner. Below are several factors to take into consideration during your journey in finding the perfect engagement ring.
- Your Partner's Preference: Pay attention to what your partner likes to wear. Not everyone likes diamonds the most, although this is the most popular choice. Perhaps your partner is drawn to red, meaning a ruby center stone might be a good choice. If she prefers blues, you might consider getting her a sapphire ring. You can even consult one of her close friends and ask what type of stone she prefers. If you’re not sure, then diamonds are always an excellent choice!
- Her Ring Size: Making sure the ring fits perfectly is not completely necessary , unless you are creating an eternity band. You should try to get close to her size. You can always resize it later; however, it would definitely be best if you choose a ring that fits right off the shelf. You can find out your partner's ring size by simply borrowing a ring from her jewelry box that you know fits and having it examined by a professional. You can also use this tool to get an idea of her ring size.
- Longevity : It is best to pick out a ring she will cherish for a long time, although through the years you might upgrade the engagement ring. Diamonds are the hardest material; however, rubies and sapphires are both pretty hard as well. Any of these 3 stones should last a lifetime.
- The 4 C's: The 4 C's are: clarity, color, cut, and carat. Created by the Gemological Institute of America, these properties are used to determine the quality of your stone. For non-clarity enhanced stones over half a carat, you will receive a GIA certificate with the details of your diamond.
- Preferred Setting: You will want to set the stone in the perfect way. How many prongs do you want to hold the jewel? Where do you want the stone positioned? How high do you want the stone raised off the band? Check with a jeweler to find out what specific options you have. There are a lot of beautiful styles.
- The Band: The stone will be the centerpiece, but the band needs to be beautiful too. Yellow gold, rose gold, white gold, and platinum are popular choices.There are also a variety of styles of bands with channel set diamonds, pave diamonds, or filigree of other textures and details.
- Budget: Everyone knows that engagement rings are a serious purchase . In fact, you may have to save up for several months before you can afford an engagement ring that is perfect for the one you love. Another option is financing. Most jewelers offer a financing option for engagement rings. Visit our financing page for more information
Why Vintage Engagement Rings are so Perfect!
Buying an engagement ring can be difficult for a variety of reasons. There are so many different styles to choose from and finding the perfect jeweler can be tricky. You need to find a ring that can match your significant other's style and also fit in your budget. You have a ton of options, but buying vintage might be one of your best choices in this situation. Read on to find 3 more reasons why vintage engagement rings should be considered instead of going with new rings.
- Beauty - Just because the ring is vintage doesn't mean it's not still beautiful to look at. These rings are shaped with classic designs that are timeless and will never go out of style. Your partner will want the ring you give them to be visually appealing and elegant above all else. After all, they will be the person wearing the ring all the time so it's important that they like it. Many of these rings are inspired by mid-century to Edwardian styles that range in size, structure and design. These types of rings are priceless in today's society because they exemplify our traditional idea of what an engagement ring is.
- Uniqueness - With an engagement ring comes a unique design that ring makers aren't making in today's society in mass quantities. You'll be able to choose from a variety of unique designs that are appealing and are one-of-a-kind. Your significant other will be the only person in the world who has this specific vintage ring. You want your ring to be one-of-a-kind just like your special person is.
- Sentimental Value - Many vintage rings are passed down from generation to generation and hold a special place to the family. If this special ring becomes a family heirloom, then it will mean more to your partner when you give it to them. At the same time, a vintage ring will also help your partner feel closer to you and their new family. It makes the entire engagement more sentimental and valued by your partner and everyone involved in the relationship.
Searching for the perfect ring can be a frustrating, yet satisfying experience. Following the tips above will make the entire process much more enjoyable. If you are looking for an engagement ring in Peoria, Chandler or Scottsdale, Arizona, you may want to consider London Gold as they are the top engagement ring store in the valley.